Wednesday 27 November 2013

Day 25 - Get to Know You Breakfast!

Hey everyone!

Although I am still really busy I am starting to get into the swing of things!
This is a pretty short post, but fear not! There is more to come!

Early morning on October 6th I came back to my dormitory before going out to Kaiten zushi to find that a note had been slipped under my door!


It was an invitation to a "Get to Know You Breakfast"! It started pretty early (9:00 am!) and I didn't quite feel exited at the notion of waking up so early on a Sunday morning, especially after staying out at Karaoke all night the night before. However, I felt I hadn't gotten to know many people in my dorm yet so I decided to bite the bullet and set my alarm for early morning. 

I had feared slightly that given the early start, nobody would turn up and I would have awoken for nothing! But luckily I didn't end up being the only one there! Given that the whole dorm was invited, it wasn't a massive turnout but it was a really nice group so no complaints!

On the way back from Karaoke I had picked up some things to bring so that I didn't have to turn up empty handed!
I tried to go for breakfasty things that were shareable so I got a few pastries and some juice.


The spread!

Everyone had brought something to share so we had a table covered in lots of yummy treats from pancakes and condiments to fruit and drinks.

We all ate in the common dining room we have on the second floor of our dorm, it was quite nice all sitting round a table and eating together!

It was good getting to know the people in my dorm more, they were all really nice! We had some good conversations and one of my dorm mates told us how she was interviewed for Japanese TV and got to meet Yusuke Yamamoto - a Japanese actor who was in a drama I like!

We ended up talking for quite a while! I am glad I decided to go, even though I was tired!

Well, that's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment