Tuesday 15 October 2013

11th day part 2- Tokyo Tower with WIC

Sorry for the late post everyone!
I have started to get homework and tests now but I will try to do my best!

On the second part of the 22nd after eating Okonomiyaki and Monja with WIC we all went to Tokyo Tower.


We were given the decision of going up the stairs or taking the lift to the top of the tower - any guesses as to which choice I made?

We split into two groups, one took the stairs and the other group (of course my group) went up the lift.




When we got to the top we had time to look around the observations deck to see the great view of Tokyo.
We talked with the WIC members and took lots of photos.


People write their wishes on the shapes and tie them here!




 It was a really fun day out with the WIC members. The Monja and Okonomiyaki was really tasty and quite fun to make so not only was it a meal but it was also a good group activity. When someone successfully flipped an Okonomiyaki we all applauded.

And we then got to see the fantastic view of Tokyo from the famous Tokyo Tower.

After we had finished at Tokyo Tower we went back to Takadanobaba where we then went on to the Nomihoudai Nomikai that WIC had arranged afterwards. Lots of people left before the Nomikai but there were still lots of people there. This was our first Nomikai so I was really excited.

A Nomikai is a drinking party - (Nomi comes from the verb 'to drink' and kai comes from the verb 'to meet)
Nomihoudai means 'all-you-can-drink'. It's like a buffet but with drinks! So you pay a set fee and you can drink limitless amounts of alcohol (or non-alcoholic beverages if you so prefer). This means that you can drink as much alcohol or as little alcohol - in the case of many of the Japanese students- as you can!

It was really nice meeting lots of new Japanese students and having a chance to speak Japanese. And not only was there limitless alcohol but we were also brought lots of plates of food, which was great!

I was busy eating, drinking  and being merry so unfortunately I didn't take any photos! But I can tell you it was fun!

One shocking thing was how drunk so many of the Japanese students got! There wasn't any particularly strong alcohol at the party. The drinks were mostly beer so I was surprised to see some students falling on the floor and carrying plastic bags of sick around when I went to the toilet!

In any case it was a great night and got to experience many new things so I am really glad that WIC organised this event for us.

Well, catch you later!!









2 comments:

  1. Thank you for going up all the high buildings so I don't have to!! I don't like being around very drunk people either :-( but I'm glad your party was fun. Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally welcome!! I do this all for you of course! It wasn't that bad, the people around me weren't very drunk. It was only on the way to the toilet that I encountered them! Yeah it was good :)
    We also have a festival coming up which I am looking forward to!.

    ReplyDelete