Friday 31 January 2014

Day 40 - part two Halloween party #2


Hey everyone!
After the failure of our trip to the owl cafe we luckily had a Halloween party to look forward to later in the evening.

As is common with Japanese parties there was a main party and an after party.
The main party was held at Womb club in Shibuya with after party being held at the much smaller Trump room also in Shibuya.

The event was named Fantasia and fittingly it was suggested that party goers dress up in Disney themed costumes, however any costume was fine.
This gave me a great excuse to don my Alice costume for the second time! I was definitely determined to get some good use out of it before it had to retreat into the wardrobe until it became relevant again!
ready and raring!
I was hoping that we could attend both parties but as I have found to often be the case with Japanese parties, it started early. Really early. 6pm to be exact!

We got back from the owl cafe in the evening and not only did we all want time to get ready, but of course a session of pre-drinks was called for! The first party not only started early but it finished at 1am! By the time we were ready to leave it was not really worth heading to the first party as it was also pretty expensive so we decided to just go for the after party at Trump.

The main party at Womb was 3500 yen at the door or 2500 yen on the guest list. That's just over 20 quid at the door and a still pretty steep £15 on the guest list. The after party was 2500 at the door and 1500 on the guest list! These parties were certainly not light on the wallet! I suppose it was just as well that we only went to the Trump Room!

Luckily my dorm has a common area in one of its buildings and it is often used on Friday nights as a meeting/pre-drinks lounge!
After everyone had arrived and had their fill of alcoholic beverages - as always I had to go with plum wine - we started to make our way to Shibuya.

I was glad that my friend from my Comprehensive Japanese class was also able to make it!

When we got to Shibuya we headed to a bar for - yes you guessed it - more drinks! We had a bit of time before the after party started so we chatted over our drinks for a while.

At the bar!
While we were at the bar the Japanese couple sitting next to me and Charlene started talking to us. They asked us about where we had come from and what we were doing in Japan. They were very friendly and we had a pretty interesting conversation.

Onwards to the club!

This club was pretty cozy. In a really nice way. You went in and the club rooms were a couple floors up. There were two levels. If I remember correctly the lower level stank of cigarette smoke, making the top level my room of choice!

When we paid for our tickets we quoted a name given to us on the even page which I believe either got us a cheaper entrance price and/or a token for one drink at the bar.
The tokens were pretty cool, they looked like gold pirate coins!


I really liked the Design of the Trump room. The lighting was a nice warm glow and there were sparkly chandeliers and cushy red seats around tables. I really liked that this club had lots of seating, sometimes its nice to take a break from dancing to chat -or slur- with some friends or meet new people! And it is never a bad thing to take a load off your heels (although I was cheating with some good old flats that night).

The bar

As you can see the decor was pretty quirky!
Pants on the head, could it be the new trend? 
As you entered the room the bar was to your left. The room was a long and relatively narrow rectangle shape. It was certainly not very big and had quite a cozy feel to it. In the center part of the room there were tables and seats at the sides. At the end was the dance floor and with the Dj in his own little area, complete with some dancing companions.
It was a very small club so naturally the dancing area was pretty squished.
I think the people there were predominantly, if not all, university students. However, not necessarily all from my university.

Yohoho, a pirates life for me!
Redeemed my doubloon for some China blue

Even my drink was blue!
Alcoholic drinks are MUCH cheaper in Tokyo than in London. Not only this but they don't skimp on it either, if you ask for it strong, they will make it STRONG. Definitely a change from paying around £8 for a clearly watered down drink, as seems to be the usual in London clubs.


We went up to the very squished dance area and managed to find somewhere to slot ourselves in. A Japanese student came up and started talking to me but gradually got a liiittle to close for comfort so I slipped off to get a drink. But I am glad I did because it was then that I was able to meet someone really awesome!

As the party was coming near to its end some of my friends wanted to leave. I didn't want to go!!
But I said my goodbyes and we all headed back out. After a bit of chatting and logistics some of us went to catch a taxi back but me and a few others decided to stay a bit longer to chat.
I forgot my coat upstairs so I went back in to get it and say my second round of goodbyes. After that we went to McDonald's were we hung out until we could take the first train back home.

Overall I think everyone had a really great night (I know I did). I'm really glad everyone could come!

This had definitely been my favorite night so far!

Happy (belated) Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment